20131111

A Prayer for the Headlines for Monday, November 11th

Good Morning, God,

It's been a tough weekend for the Philippines, Lord. One of your huge hurricanes hit that island on Thursday, Lord, causing a huge amount of damage and many deaths. Lord, many people were evacuated to safe areas, but with the storm that strong with the winds and rains, persons can run but not hide! So, this morning, we pray for safety and peace, mercy and strength, for the people of the Philippines. Lend them your grace during this time of recovery.

Lord, during times of devastation-whether naturally caused, or the result of human action-we remember your words from the 69th Psalm and we plead them now:
Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold. I have come into deep water, and the flood sweeps over me. I am weary with my crying; my throat is parched. My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God. But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me. With your faithful help rescue me from sinking in the mire; do not let the floods sweep over me, or the deep swallow me up, or the pit close its mouth over me… I will praise the name of the Lord.

In Jesus's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment